We are going to hold a "Top spinning" contest . Details below.
1. Contest is open to all KWT members in good standing.
2. Three entries per member limit.
3. Spin top must be made entirely out of domestic Canadian wood species, no
other materials except finishes allowed.
4. Spin top sizes;
Category l-maximum diameter and height 65mm (2.6 inches)
Category 2-maximum diameter and height 100mm (3.9 inches)
5. Spinning of top must be done by fingers or palms only, no string pull or
other mechanism is allowed.
6. Spin top shape: No restrictions
7. Spin time measurement: Time will start when contestant's hand(s) let go of
the top-Time will end when any part of the top's edge touches the arena.
8. Contestants have three (3) chances to start their top. If the third try is
unsuccessful, contestant must go to the end of the line before another try
can be taken.
9. Multiple spins with the same top is allowed, one successful spin per turn.
10. Spinning arena will be identical for all contestants.
11. Prizes: Bragging rights-The prettiest top is not always the longest running,
60 seconds is a competitive time.
12. Spin top with pullers: same rules as above, but maximum size 3.9 inches in
diameter, no height limit.
The longest spin time recorded during a contest was 3min, 19 seconds.
For ideas search: "spin top images", "spin top drawings", "spin top designs",
"spin top videos"
“Finishing”,Next Monthly Meetings:
Note: we will take a 10 – 15 minute social break part way through the Main Presentation. Free coffee and tea will be available. Please bring a mug.
Please feel free to bring something in for "Show N Tell".
Here are the plans for the wig stand that was demonstrated during the February meeting .
Announcements and Reminders
We are a non-profit organization that, with the help of our members, is trying to bring people together in the Kingston area . We support educational and social community activities and any type of community-building initiative.
Contact us to find out how you can get involved now.